What Is Baptism?
Baptism is an outward confession of an inward change after you have received Jesus as your Savior. It is an essential step as you continue in your journey as a disciple of Jesus. Southbridge baptizes by immersion, as seen throughout the early church in the New Testament. Baptism is a beautiful display of the gospel: We identify with Jesus in His death and burial as we immerse in water and symbolize His resurrection when we come back out of the water.
Why Get Baptized?
- It symbolizes our identity with Christ.
- It proclaims Christ’s death and resurrection.
- It imitates the example of Jesus.
- It follows Jesus’ last command on earth.
- It serves as public notice to the world of your new life in Jesus
- It pictures a believer’s death to sin and resurrection through the Holy Spirit.
NEXT BAPTISM DATE/SIGN UP
Next Baptism: TBA
Sign up to start the process to get baptized at Southbridge.SIGN UP
BAPTISM FOR FAMILIES CLASS
Next Class: TBA
Do you have a child ready to get baptized, or just curious about what it means?