What is Baptism?
Baptism is an outward confession of an inward change and it should be done as an act of obedience to God once you have accepted Jesus as your Savior. It is an essential first step for a believer who seeks to become a disciple of Jesus Christ.
At Southbridge Fellowship, we baptize by immersion. It’s the example we see throughout Scripture, and is the basis for the word “baptize”, which means to immerse (or dip under) in water.
Why Should I Be Baptized?
Baptism is an important act of obedience in the life of a Christian because:
- It is the symbol of our identity with Christ.
- It proclaims Christ’s death and resurrection.
- It imitates the example of Jesus.
- It follows Jesus’ last command on earth. It serves as public notice to the world of your new life in Christ.
- It pictures a believer’s death to sin and resurrection through the Holy Spirit.
How can I be baptized?
- Sign up online.
- Share your story. To showcase what God has done in your life, we ask that you share your story with the leadership of Southbridge.
- Get baptized!
Sign Up to Be Baptized